• Learning Journeys Tour Manager (Groups of 20+. Groups under 20 will have our Learning Journeys concierge service with local guides)
• Language lesson
• Mount Etna Volcanic Activity
• Scholar lecture at the archaeological site in Selinunte Selinunte and Archaeological sites
• Three nights at a four star hotel in Palermo
• Four nights at a four star hotel in Taormina
• Seven dinners featuring local Sicilian specialties
• Deluxe motorcoach at disposal as per itinerary
• Guided tour of Palermo and Cappella Palatina and Monreale
• Guided tour of Piazza Armerina
• Guided tour of Taormina and Greek Theatre
• Guided tour of Siracusa
• All entrance fees
- Day 1: DEPARTURE DAY!
- Day 2: Palermo
- Day 3: Palermo City Sightseeing, Monreale, Palermo
- Day 4: Palermo, Marsala, Selinunte, Palermo
- Day 5: Palermo, Piazza Armerina,Taormina
- Day 6: Taormina City Sightseeing
- Day 7: Mt. Etna Volcano Adventure
- Day 8: Taormina, Noto, Siracusa, Taormina
- Day 9: Arrivederci!
Click on the plus sign for full day description.
Depart from the US, beginning an unforgettable Learning Journey to Italy!
Upon arrival at Palermo airport, you will be greeted by your Learning Journeys Tour Manager and transfer to your hotel. This afternoon you will have a language lesson focusing on the languages and dialects of Sicily. Remainder of the day at leisure. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
American buffet breakfast in the hotel. Morning sightseeing of Sicily’s capital. Visit the Royal Palace, the Palace of the Normans, the Palatine Chapel and the Cathedral of Palermo and Monreale. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Today enjoy an excursion to Marsala. Follow the coast road which provides fine views over the saltpans of Trapani, Stagnone and Island of Mozia. Marsala is the home of a thick dark wine which has been in production since the 18th century. Continue to Selinunte where you have a learning immersion with a local scholar at the archaeological site, renowned for its majestic remnants of its temples andacropolis. Return to Palermo for dinner out and overnight in the hotel.
Depart this morning for the town of Taormina via Piazza Armerina to visit the early 4th century mosaic pavements in the Villa Romana del Casale. Lunch on your own. Continue the drive to Taormina. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
American buffet breakfast in the hotel. Today we visit the Greek and Roman outdoor Theatre, offering a rare beauty, a panorama of Mt. Etna and the sea coast. Hugging a slope of Mr. Tauro, the Greek’s hewed the theatre out of rock. Dinner out and overnight in the hotel.
Enjoy an excursion to Mount Etna, one of the world’s largest active volcanoes. Climbing to the summit of a volcano and looking inside its’ smoking craters is a thrilling experience. If you are a mountain lover, Volcano Adventure is something you won’t want to miss. Dinner at the hotel.
Learning Experience: Today’s excursion is to Noto, a Unesco World Heritage Site, and one of the towns of late Baroque art and architecture in the Val di Noto. Lunch on your own. We will also visit Siracusa to see the Roman amphitheatre and the ear of Dionysus. Return to Taormina for dinner out and overnight in the hotel.
Early transfer to Catania airport for your departure flight.
Make the most of your time in TS-History-Sub with these great optional tours: