Oberammergau Passion Play
9 Days / 7 Nights
The premiere of the 42nd Passion Play will begin on May 16, 2020. This tradition is maintained and performed with almost no interruption for over 380 years. It demonstrates the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ and gets performed every ten years. It is regarded as the most important passion play in the world. The village at the edge of the Bavarian Alps expects approximately 450,000 visitors for the passion play, over half of which will be international guests. For the next Passion Play, there are 102 performances planned.
A play of life and death, promised in a moment of mortal threat - so began the history of the Oberammergau Passion Play in 1633. In the middle of the Thirty Years War, after months of suffering and death from the plague, the Oberammergauers swore an oath that they would perform the "Play of the Suffering, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ" every ten years. At Pentecost 1634, they fulfilled their pledge for the first time on a stage they put up in the cemetery above the fresh graves of the plague victims. In the year 2020, the Community of Oberammergau will perform the Passion Play, they have preserved throughout the centuries with singular continuity, for the 42nd time.
- 2 nights accommodation in Frankfurt at 4 star hotel Mövenpick or similar 3 nights accommodation in Munich at 4 star hotel Eden Wolff or similar
- 2 nights accommodation in Oberammergau 4 star hotel (name to be advised at later time) Daily buffet breakfast
- Porterage at all hotels 1 bag per person Private English speaking Tour guide throughout Private Driver and Coach as per itinerary Welcome dinner
- Ticket for Rhine River Cruise Rüdesheim – Lorely
- Entrance: Goethes Family House Frankfurt, Opera Frankfurt, Ehrenbreitstein Fortress Koblenz, Heidelberg Castle, Neuschwanstein Castle
- 1 admission for Passion Play
- 1 Passion Play 3 course menu
- 1 Dinner
- Transfer to the Passion Play Text book
- Tourism tax
Dates & Rates Select a Departure Date
2020 Rates-Private Groups- Rates starting at 15 people traveling together.
For information, pricing and additional details please contact us through the Inquire Now link. You can also contact our call center at 888-884-8259 and speak with a travel expert who will guide you through the planning process.
May 16 - October 20, 2020