There is no better way to understand a culture than uniting around the table to enjoy a meal. At Learning Journeys, we believe in a new kind of culinary vacation. One where you are experiencing the world through food and wine. Our cooking tours help you explore the world, give back to the community and ultimately re-connect with yourself through cooking classes, market and farm visits, wine tastings and visiting with the beautiful culinary leaders in each culture.
All of our retreats and journeys incorporate culture, nature, culinary traditions, community service and meeting the locals. We think this variety of sensory experiences only serves to broaden the mind, encouraging individual growth.
The Culinary Institute Of America and Perillo’s Learning Journeys are offering unforgettable culinary immersion packages including hotel, local culinary experiences and classes at the historic Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY.
What to Expect from Your Culinary Institute and Learning Journeys Culinary Immersions
Perfect learning experience for food enthusiasts- single travelers, multigenerational travel, couples, mother and daughter travel, families, and girls getaways! Makes a great celebration gift!
- Fun, exhilarating days. Expect to feel challenged, energized, and inspired by all you taste, learn, and do. Expect to laugh—a lot.
- A learn-by-doing approach. Analyze a flight of wines…develop rich, balanced flavor in your dishes…try your hand at tiramisu…Boot Camp is all about hands-on learning.
- Delicious food. You’ll dig in to the dishes your class creates and enjoy a delicious restaurant meal.
- Expert instruction. It’s the CIA, so you’ll be guided by some of the best in the business.
- A deep connection. With your shared passion for food and wine, you’ll instantly click with your fellow Boot Campers.
- A life-changing experience. You’ll love how Boot Camp forever shapes how you look at food, wine, and cooking.
- Airport transfers are available upon request
What Sets Learning Journeys Apart?
Hands On Lessons
Each of our trips and retreats have classes and interactive experiences built into the itinerary. Who says you can’t travel and practice what you love. We also incorporate private visits with local chefs and restaurants. Learning Journeys makes it easy.
Delicious, Healthy Food
Learning Journeys believes that healthy, locally sourced food is an integral part of the travel experience. Are you a vegan? Gluten-free? No problem. We can work with your special diet to be sure you eat well while youre on our cooking tours!
Giving Back to Community
Getting involved in the local community is the best way to truly understand a culture. At Learning Journeys, we take it one step further and give back with a local community service project. Our guests say this unique interaction with the locals is often what they remember most about their travels with us.
Small, Inclusive Group Size
Our programs are small, limited to 25 guests maximums. We are also happy to welcome learners of all levels, even beginners. If your travel companion wants to come has a different interest, no problem! We help find experience which suit their interests.
Perfect for Any Occasion
Looking to mark a special birthday or anniversary? Do a mother and daughter travel trip? Just get away on your own? Our trips are versatile and welcoming to everyone.
Supported By Years of Experience
Powered by Perillo Tours, Learning Journeys offers the best of all worlds. We are on the cutting-edge of new spiritual and thoughtful travel but also bring nearly 71 years of travel planning experience to the mix. Let’s just say, we know how to plan the journey of a lifetime!
It all starts with a few questions so we can provide you with the perfect program.